Case StudyEpic Implementation
Learn how a Nordic country complemented their Epic implementation team with highly skilled resources who provided mentoring and strategic guidance. These best practices would serve as a foundation for the country-wide Epic implementation, replacing an antiquated Legacy EMR platform.
Proof of Concept. Implementation. Mentoring.
Epic Build Mentoring & Implementation Services
In 2019, a Nordic country selected Epic as a country-wide replacement for their Legacy EMR solution. Due to the limited Epic skills in this region, ROI was selected above all other vendors to provide senior-level Epic expertise for the project. Over the course of the next 18 months, ROI provided In-Country key level leadership and design support for this project team. As the COVID pandemic began to affect the world and travel in general, the ROI team relocated to the US and continued to support the development of this highly important Epic implementation.
How ROI Provided a Scalable Team of 15 Epic SMEs to Support an International Country-Wide EMR Replacement
- Provided scalable team of onsite SMEs with 10-15 years of Epic experience in numerous modules (Ambulatory, Beacon, etc.), as well as senior interface SMEs responsible for over 200 interfaces
- Provided team with best practices and guidance in developing build scenarios
- Actively participated in analytical design and build sessions
- Demonstrated flexibility by accommodating engagement extension from 4 months to 3 years
- Ensured documentation captures proper translations across English and native languages
- Collaborate with PMO on direction, progress, expectations
- Ensured visas, taxation rates, back-office requirements were met
- Provided ROI SME Manager for quick onboarding, days to productivity, and high-engagement
- Flexible, agile team of up to 15 SMEs, adjusting team size based on customer needs and COVID
- Despite COVID, ROI’s team continued providing services offsite without compromising timeline
- Resource Quality: 95% (with high-trust of ROI’s ability to select quality resources)
- Average Time to Fill: Less than 5 days
- Highly satisfied customer leaders, who extended our engagement from 4 months to 3 years