Telehealth Selection & Rollout at an East Coast Community Health Network
Learn how ROI helped an East Coast community health network meet the immediate needs of its diverse provider specialties and patient circumstances.
This community health organization offers medical, behavioral health, and support services to its patient community. As COVID-19 cases and associated risks rose, this organization acted quickly to protect its patient population. One of the most important initiatives was to evaluate, select, and quickly deploy a telehealth solution that would meet the immediate needs of its diverse provider specialties and patient circumstances, as well as fit into the long-term technology vision after reaching a go-forward phase of post-pandemic stability.
How ROI Selected, Deployed and Supported a Cost-Effective Telehealth Solution
ROI Healthcare Solutions had a multi-year history of trust and partnering with this community health client and its funding source after providing legacy application support, project management, and post sunset support during an EHR transformation initiative. Key stakeholders engaged ROI to select, rollout, and support a cost-effective telehealth solution that would meet the needs of its provider community. Throughout the scope of this engagement, ROI:
- Collaborated with the client to create selection criteria, goals, and timeline expectations for telehealth
- Evaluated multiple telehealth solutions against evaluation criteria
- Down-selected and compared three viable solutions through demos, rankings, and interviews
- Selected and recommended a telehealth solution that was developed by their current patient portal vendor, which integrated nicely with the current solution
- Worked with 3rd party vendor, as well as corporate IT to discuss and accommodate technical security requirements to deploy telehealth successfully
- Created and delivered virtual training and job aids to providers
- Serves as “remote elbow” support to ensure provider-patient connectivity
- Stakeholder satisfaction across operations and IT teams
- Selected and rolled out telehealth solution and training within two weeks
- 650+ telehealth visits conducted in 30 days
- Created and tracked metrics associated with usage, dropped calls, and facility-level statistics